The board of directors is assigned for:
1) Implementing the public policy of the university through drawing and organizing the university’s education, research and training programs and drawing up plans to provide adequate means to achieve this.
2) Develop plans for the construction of buildings, as well as, complete and upgrade the laboratories, facilities, and libraries inside the university
3) Make the internal system, policies and regulations for the university.
4) Approving the designation of faculties , and organizing their transportation upon a contract.
5) Propose faculties wages scale to the board of trustees
6) Determine the key traits and aspects for the deans , vice-deans, and the chairs.
7) Set the requirements for accepting students, and handle the install capacity to be determined by the board of trustees, in respect to the laws and policies
8) Organize the scholarships and rewards in light of the decisions of the Board of Trustees.
9) Create academic calendar which includes dates of start and close of each semester, national holidays, and vacations.
10) Propose the suspension of colleges and faculties.
11) Grant degrees
12) Propose the acceptance donations received to the university through endowment, wills, donations, grants and others inside or outside the Syrian Arab Republic in accordance with Syrian legislation to achieve the objectives of the university, In accordance with the interest of the State.
13) Setting and organizing the public policy for securing books, references, university periodicals and online libraries
14) Setting regulations for libraries, hospitals, museums, campus, and other university facilities and activities.
15) Propose the conclusion of cooperation agreements with Syrian, Arab and international universities and organizations, after obtaining the approval of the council of Higher Education.
16) Consider any other matter that the chancellor or any member of the University deems appropriate.
17) Authorize the chancellor some of the powers of the Council.
18) Discuss the annual report on the achievements , the annual draft budget, and the annual work plan for the university projects , before submitting them to the Board of Trustees.